My Jamie Oliver Recipe Experience Part Two..

Fish tray-bake with Jersey Royals, Salsa verde and simple spinach salad.

Another try out of a Jamie Olivers 30 minute meal which again made a delicious meal. I played the video in the background and got all the ingredients ready at the start. I wasn't so sure about the side orders (someone doesn’t like jersey royal potatoes and I don’t have a food processor to make the salsa verde) so we used sides from other Jamie recipes we've made so it was…

Fish tray-bake with simple spinach salad, flatbreads and pomegranate drink.  



Fish tray bake: I used Salmon and River Cobbler from the local supermarket. In the tray (I used one of my favourite melamine dishes) I just chucked in all the ingredients (minus a few that Jamie uses) – cut up chunks of fish, Asparagus (with wooden ends snapped off), Lemons (in quarters), Baby tomatoes, pancetta, Garlic, pepper, basic leaves and olive oil. Mix it all up then arrange it so that it is evenly mixed with the fish skins facing upwards and lemons are in the corners. Cook in the oven. 



Flatbreads: As per my previous post I made some flatbreads. I love these…..so tasty. Scrunch up and wet a large piece of greaseproof paper then open it up. Place on the flatbreads, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with herbs (today I used Thyme and oregano). Wrap up the flatbreads and pop in the oven to warm up.

Spinach Salad: Using a selection of 'leaves' - spinach, rocket and watercress, chopped fresh tomatoes and drizzled with lemon juice and balsamic vinegar


Pomegranate drink: In a large jug I added ice, the juice of two pomegranates, some slightly flat lemonade (fizzy water would do), a little bit of lemon juice, mint leaves and stirred. Taste and adjust amounts. 



Here’s the link to the episode on 4od and the recipe is in Jamie's 30-Minute Meals: A Revolutionary Approach to Cooking Good Food Fast




No comments:

Post a Comment