Handmade Wardrobe....Margot Pyjamas



Pattern: Margot Pyjamas by Tilly Walnes, from her Love at First Stitch Book

After impulse buying a sewing machine at Ikea, I'm now attempting to hand make some wearable clothes. I often find I have an idea of an item of clothing I want to buy but can't quite find the right fit or colour in the shops. I decided to make a start by following the wonderful Love at First Stitch book by Tilly Walnes - the step by step guides are perfect for a beginner like me and the book comes with full size patterns. This is my first item - the Margot Pyjamas. 




The step-by-step guide made it feel less daunting and was easy to follow. I didn't make any changes to the pattern - I used the size which fitted best to my hips and waist, but allowing for lots of room as I like my pj's nice a baggy. Making them again, I would adjust the pattern to make the legs slimmer. I'm tempted to make a shorts version for the summer and try adding a lace edging.



I used a pretty blue floral cotton fabric, found in an independent haberdashery shop in Haverfordwest. It wasn't that expensive so I brought 3m - allowing myself some extra fabric in case I went wrong! I used ribbon as the drawstring. 





Links: 
Tilly and the Buttons blog - http://www.tillyandthebuttons.com/





1 comment: